Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
New York City Startup Pitch Bootcamp - from the Founder Institute
Thursday, January 26, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
New York, NY
In three hours, the Pitch Bootcamp will help you refine your startup idea, improve your pitching skills, and recruit potential cofounders. Join us for a fun evening.
What is the Pitch Bootcamp?
The Pitch Bootcamp provides expert advice with real-world practice. The evening begins with talks by leading startup Founders designed to help you come up startup ideas, and refine your pitching skills. Then, you can pitch in front of both experts and your peers to receive constructive feedback. The evening format is based on the best practices of the Founder Institute, the largest pre-seed incubator in the world.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who has an idea or an early-stage company that wants to improve their pitch.
- Anyone that is interested in joining a new startup as a cofounder or early team member.
- Anyone interested in learning about the Founder Institute.
What is the Agenda?
06:00 to 06:30 PM - Welcome to Pitch Bootcamp!
06:30 to 07:00 PM - Gabe Zichermann on Ideation
07:00 to 07:30 PM - Ven Medabalmi on Pitching
07:30 to 07:45 PM - Break and Prepare to Pitch
07:45 to 08:15 PM - Attendee Pitch to the Audience and Feedback
08:15 to 09:00 PM - Speed Pitching to Peers
09:00 to 11:00 PM - Drinks at a Local Bar
Who will be Speaking?
The Local Director of the Founder Institute, as well as some of the program's highest rated Mentors, will speak and provide feedback on company pitches. Confirmed speakers include:
- Gabe Zichermann, Author, Speaker, and Advisor Gamification Co. - Gabe is an author, highly rated public speaker and entrepreneur. He is the chair of the Gamification Summit and editor of the industry’s leading publication, The Gamification Blog. His most recent book, “Game-Based Marketing” (Wiley, 2010) has achieved critical and industry acclaim for its detailed look at innovators who blend the power of games with brand strategy. His next book, “Gamification by Design” (O’Reilly, 2011) looks at the technical and architectural considerations for designers in this burgeoning field. A resident of NYC, Gabe is a board member of StartOut.org, advisor to a number of startups and Facilitator for the Founder Institute in Manhattan. For more information about Gabe and Gamification, visit http://Gamification.Co
- Ven Medabalmi, Managing Director at JRV Group - Ven has represented a variety of major financial institutions on corporate matters including structured finance, leveraged leasing, privatizations and project finance as well as more traditional forms of bank financing. During his tenure as an attorney with the international law firm of Chadbourne & Parke LLP based in New York, he developed expertise in corporate transactions encompassing capital markets, private equity, bankruptcy and restructurings with an emphasis on the energy and infrastructure projects. Mr. Medabalmi has worked with lenders (such as Citibank, Fleet/Bank of America, GE Financial, Credit Lyonnais and others) on the financing of various projects.Mr. Medabalmi also serves as general counsel to several companies including a New York-based hedge fund based in New York City, where he is also an investment manager. He also serves as an advisor and board director for several technology and consumer products companies.
What is the Founder Institute?
The Founder Institute is a global network of startups and mentors that helps entrepreneurs launch meaningful and enduring technology companies. Through our four month idea-stage incubator program, you can launch your dream company with expert training, feedback, and support from experienced startup CEOs, while not being required to quit your day job. Our unique Bonus Pool also shares equity upside with all participants, creating local, teamwork-based ecosystems where great startups can flourish. In less than two years of operation, the Founder Institute has already helped launch over 400 technology companies in over 20 cities worldwide.
How do I join the Institute?
Learn more about the Founder Institute here.
If you could benefit from expert training, advice and feedback to launch a meaningful and enduring technology company, apply today. If you apply using the link below and show up to the event, you will be invited to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free;
Thank you, and enjoy!
When & Where
The Founder Institute New York
The Founder Institute is a global network of startups and mentors that helps entrepreneurs launch meaningful and enduring technology companies. Through our four month idea-stage incubator program, you can launch your dream company with expert training, feedback, and support from experienced startup CEOs, while not being required to quit your day job. Our unique Bonus Pool also shares equity upside with all participants, creating local, teamwork-based ecosystems where great startups can flourish. In two years of operation, the Founder Institute has already helped launch over 400 technology companies in over 20 cities worldwide. Don’t go it alone - Apply to the Founder Institute today.